News

Trump’s Inauguration Rejected AGAIN By ANOTHER Major Singer

By  | 

Charlotte Church says she rejected an invitation to sing at Donald Trump’s inauguration, slamming the president-elect as a “tyrant.”

The 30-year-old Welsh classical and pop music singer tweeted to her 155,000 followers on Tuesday:

Trump’s transition team did not respond to ITK’s request for comment.

Church has railed against Trump in interviews before, calling him “such a tool.”

The soprano isn’t the first entertainer who says they declined an offer to perform at next week’s inaugural ceremony in Washington.

Former British “X Factor” star Rebecca Ferguson said earlier this month she would accept an invite only on the condition that she could perform “Strange Fruit,” a 1939 protest song about racism and the lynching of African-Americans in the South.

A handful of acts, including “America’s Got Talent” runner-up Jackie Evancho, the Rockettes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, have been publicily confirmed for the Jan. 20 inauguration.

Incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in a December interview that Trump “doesn’t need celebrities” at the inauguration because “he is the celebrity.”

What do you think?